To improve conservation of the natural environment and biological diversity of the project area by assisting the women and eco-club members to develop, use and manage their resources in an ecologically sound, socially beneficial and economically viable manner.
- Eco-club formation in Schools and in Communities (where schools do not exist)
- Facilitation of Community Based organizations
- Orientation training to the stakeholders on forest management and eco-conservation
- Interaction progammes between CBOs and forest officials on preservation / promotion of forest and collection Non timber Forest Produces
- Planning & implementation of water shed programmes in the intervention area
- Promotion of Sustainable agriculture / alternative farming.
- Tree planting and protection
- Study about the status of environment and sustainability level of the target communities before and after intervention
- Campaign and Lobby for protection of forests by the Village Communities / CBOs
- Planting of 30,000 saplings in villages under personal care of individual families
- Promotion of Environment Watch Dog Committees comprising of students and youth in the name of Nature’s Eyelids
- Motivation to more than one lakh tourists on the ways to protect environment in Nilgiris and promote Alternate Tourism
- Won District Level Awards for Best Environment Exhibition held during Flower Show Festival at Ooty
- Stopped Bauxite Mining in Nilgiris District through Campaign and Advocacy
- Conducted Surveys and researches on the Degradation of the Environmental condition in Nilgiris district.