“A House is not only a physical structure to protect the inhabitants from sun, rain and dangerous animals but it is a symbol of Dignity and Assertion of one’s Rights”
- Build houses in partnership with the Donor agencies (fund), the people (land) and the NGO (technology).
- Liberate the displaced people from semi-bonded condition (low wages, extra hours of work, compulsion to do domestic works, no freedom to work anywhere because of provision of shelter by the employers)
- Restore the Dignity of women from sexual exploitation
- Motivate the people to demand housing as their right from the government and other financial institutions
- Establishment of Communities (Settlements)
- Provision of House site
- Construction of Houses
- Repairing of Houses
- 60 villages (community living) have been established.
- Constructed 2200 houses in Nilgiris District
- Distributed 40 Acres of land as House site to the poorest of the poor.
- Won the National Award for the Best Rural Housing in 1997
- Inculcated the habit of using latrines by the target communities for the first time
- Smokeless chulhas installed in all houses
- The middle class people among the repatriates have been guided to avail loans to build houses